Hi,

I have a javascript tree problem where I need to search for a
particular node. To do this I need to expand each branch in order to
see the contents under the node clicked.

The problem I am having is that the plus and minus icons aren't images
like in the example provided in "http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/
JavaScript".

An example of the html is:

<div class="myTree" style="border: none;">
 <div id="233" class="asyncNavTree jstree jstree-0 jstree-focused
jstree-default" style="">
   <li id="233_1238" class="jstree-closed">
    <ins class="jstree-icon">&nbsp;</ins>
    <a class="treeNodeLink sectionPopupInit" title="node1">
   </li>
   <li id="233_1455" class="jstree-closed">
    <ins class="jstree-icon">&nbsp;</ins>
    <a class="treeNodeLink sectionPopupInit" title="node2">
   </li>
   <li id="233_5416" class="jstree-open">
    <ins class="jstree-icon">&nbsp;</ins>
    <a class="treeNodeLink selectedTreeNode sectionPopupInit jstree-
clicked" title="node3">
   </li>
   <li id="401_1685" class="jstree-closed">
    <ins class="jstree-icon">&nbsp;</ins>
    <a class="treeNodeLink sectionPopupInit" title="node4">
   </li>

>From using FireBug, the icon I want to click directs me to the line
 <ins class="jstree-icon">&nbsp;</ins>

I attempted to extend watir to support this,
  module Watir
        class Ins < NonControlElement
                TAG = 'INS'
        end
  end

which allows me to navigate through the tree like I want using
indexes, but when I attempt to use
 browser.ins(:class, "jstree-icon").click
the button flashes, but does not expand...

The weird thing about this is I had it working the first time I tried
it.... I wonder why it stopped working...

Can anyone help me?

A summary of the above:
- I want to click the jstree icons to expand
- icons aren't images like the faq page
- I am able to iterate through the icons by extending watir
- .click method on my ins tag does not work?

Thanks for reading

-- 
Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before 
you ask, be nice.

[email protected]
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
[email protected]

Reply via email to