On 8/16/11 5:21 AM, Rahul Sharma wrote:


On 15 August 2011 23:26, Dmitriy Korobskiy <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    On 8/15/11 6:11 PM, Rahul Sharma wrote:

        I have tried it already but won't work as the form is not on
        the page. So browser won't know what form it is!!

    Two questions:

    1. Why can't you drive the original application itself? (no local
    form)


Reason for not being able to drive the application is that the form is not present on the application. It will be part of a clickable advert outside the application.
Got it. It's a pretty solid reason. :)


    If there are some serious reasons for not being able to do that, then

    2. What happens exactly if you save this artificial form locally,
    then drive the browser to file:///my_local_form.html and do
    browser.form(:name, "input").submit ?

This should work I am pretty sure but the reason I do not want to save this form locally and tun my tests is that the tests run on Hudson build as well so I will have to maintain a copy on Hudson as well. Plus I will have to incorporate this local form in my project some where so that others can run this test on their machines as well. Also, the path, if the form is saved locally might be different on Hudson and local machine. All I have in my project is feature files and ruby files. Would it be alright to add html files in the project workspace?
Is there any other way out?


All the obstacles you mentioned are solvable. You can put the local form somewhere along with the test-related files and get the absolute location in your test code, e.g. in Ruby:

|File.dirname(|__FILE__)

||I would use a separate subdirectory for it.
In the worst case you can pass the absolute location from Hudson as an environment variable (e.g. PROJECT_HOME=/somepath).

--
DK
AIM: DKroot1, Skype: DKroot

--
Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before 
you ask, be nice.

[email protected]
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
[email protected]

Reply via email to