You can reproduce it with the Selenium script. (You would need also this
plugin  http://51elliot.blogspot.com/2008/02/selenium-ide-goto.html for
while loop)
Here are my findings regarding this problem:
The message "No conversations" is actually means that no conversational
wavelets were received from the server for this wave. However, in debugger
I could see that two snapshots are sent to the client from
ClientFrontendImpl (on the server) - just like for wavelets that are ok.
However, in the client side I could see only the user data wavelet, the
(root) conversational wavelet somehow disappeared. It is hard to understand
where it actually happens due to very complicated logic of how wavelets are
created, populated and operationalized.