+1 to all that.
I think some basic guides online to "getting it working enough to get
started coding" would help a lot. (and client coding specifically for us
GWT-ers)

After the basics are written, and I myself use them to get myself started,
I could tidy them up/flesh them out a bit.
I wouldn't want anyone with the knowledge already to have to waste too much
time writing nice looking guides.
I daresay theres a lot more people out there able to help with the
"non-coding" (or "light-coding") tasks like documentation then there is
with the server-side knowledge.

~~~
Thomas & Bertines online review show:
http://randomreviewshow.com/index.html
Try it! You might even feel ambivalent about it :)