Following up Upayavira,  I will be very glad to help anyone wanting to
start with SwellRT's source code. In this regard I suggest...

a) invite you all to *join our Gitter chat *(
https://gitter.im/P2Pvalue/swellrt) to reach me out and other SwellRT
contributors, and ask directly doubts, just chat about what can be done, or
just know us better. Please consider timezone, we are based on Spain
(GMT+2) ;)

b) encourage you to *share here your desires* about what would you like to
do in order to discover shared interests (for example, lately I am thinking
about to reimplement Wave server using Akka framework (http://akka.io/),
 to complete the Android client and to manage wave's snapshots instead of
deltas when waves are loaded)

Also someone would prefer to code UI, in that case checkout the
SwellRT-based text editor built with Angular2:
https://github.com/P2Pvalue/swellrt-pad / http://jetpad-int.devialab.rocks/

c) to schedule *video calls to explain tech details* about SwellRT and also
I will be happy to explain any original Wave's code part I know.

Thomas:
I think the simplest idea is SwellRT become main branch and to add recent
Wave's work if it is necessary.
Of course, any documentation and resources would be given to Wave too.