On 1/18/19 4:20 PM, Derek Foreman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> It's been quite some time since our last weston release, and there's
> been some discussion of getting the next one out in the January to March
> timeframe (this would be the last release to have an autotools build, btw).
>
> Does anyone have objections to an early February freeze and a March
> release?  Anyone with large series near completion?
>
> Also, I'd like to float the idea of removing the fbdev backend for this
> release (or the next).  The bulk of the interesting features target the
> drm backend, and it feels like fbdev can sometimes be a bit of a pain to
> update when changes are required elsewhere.  Any strong opinions either way?

Ok, I've heard no complaints, and we really are overdue...

There's been some reasonable pushback against dropping fbdev
immediately, so let's leave that in for this release.

As to the release schedule, maybe:
February 1, Alpha
February 15, Beta
March 1, RC1
March 8 as a first potential final release date.

Is this too soon to enter freeze?  It's not a lot of warning.

Wayland has had enough changes that I think another joint release makes
sense.

Thanks,
Derek