Hi Jason,

I use it in Broadcom EGL and Vulkan WSI implementations and "It Just Works
(TM)". I've asked to include the opaque EGL buffers as a valid type of
buffer that can be explicitly synchronised and this change was merged too,
quite some time ago. Weston 6.0.0 definitely has it, not sure about earlier
version.

Cheers,
Tomek

On Tue, 4 Feb 2020 at 05:27, Jason Ekstrand <ja...@jlekstrand.net> wrote:

> Sorry to drag up ancient threads, but what's the status of this?  I see
> rumors that it's in Weston.  Is it stable?  Is it implemented anywhere
> else?  It'd be great, for the sake of Vulkan, if we could get this stable
> and everywhere.
>
> --Jason
>
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 11:25 AM Tomek Bury <tomek.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks! That looks better than my patch.
>>
>> On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 at 15:37, Alexandros Frantzis <
>> alexandros.frant...@collabora.com> wrote:

>>> the
>>> could
>>> synchronise the
>>> copy and
>>> and

>>> Hi Tomek,
>>>
>>> I have now updated the weston explicit-sync gitlab MR [1] to support,
>>> among other things, minor version 2 of the protocol. Instead of
>>> completely removing the checks, I have updated them to check for and
>>> accept all non-SHM buffers, which is adequate for current needs. There
>>> are other ways to deal with these checks if we think we need a more
>>> versatile approach (e.g., asking the renderer to tell us if it support
>>> fences
>>> for a particular buffer). Please see the MR comments for more info and