Karen
     I watched the clip of "Doug's Tune" again and I think you are right-it
DOES look like Briscoe is trying not to laugh.  I have seen that episode a
zillion times and never noticed that before.  Also, whilst we're on the subject
of "Doug's Tune".....I recently saw the episode "The Darlings Are Coming" and
when the whole family was in the hotel room rehearsing for Charlene's wedding,
Briscoe suggested that they play "Slimy River Bottom".  And lo and behold, they
started to play "Doug's Tune".  I guess what I'm wondering is, which one is the
real name of the song?  Does anyone know the answer to this one?  Thanks and
Mayberry says happy motoring!!