Ken,  I enjoyed your reunion story, and Chuck,  your accident story.  It
is really great when we experience Mayberry-like events or  people first
hand.
Ken, did you forget anyone and have to look them up in the yearbook?? (
ha ha--I always thought that was such a stretch for a small town)

Chuck, I had  a similar experience about 8-10 years ago when our car
broke down in a small town in Ohio.   The manager of the garage that
kept it overnight actually lent us a car to use so we could get to a
hotel and go out to eat.  We also had offers to spend the night in  a
home or two.

The spirit of Mayberry still exists!!! (but what about Count Istvan
Teleckly?)

The Untrained Voice
With no last name, just like Thelma Lou (Betty Lynn mentioned that she
never was given a last name or a specific job)
There were others  (minor Characters) with no last name , Sara, Ole
Judd...