I think Schwamp was actually the one moonshiner the Mayberry Sheriff's
Department could never quite catch up with. Very clever that one. Notice the
way he never engages in conversation...less likely to cause a slip of the
tongue. And why do you suppose he was always hangin' around those dances and
events. Very convenient customer accessibility. It is my belief that Otis
Campbell took the secret with him to his grave.

  Dave Strang

  "Don't you start Aunt Bee. If you start, I'm a goner."  (Barney Fife)