>>Now I know that your son an air is definitely not it so any help would be
very much appreciated!!

Sandy, I believe the phrase is "...your son and heir."  It's not an
expression we ever used in my neck of the woods, but it sounds like a lot of
other phraseology we use in the South which places additional emphasis on an
obvious point.  Obviously Opie is Andy's son, which obviously makes him his
heir, so "son and heir" is redundant, but nevertheless it's a way of
emphasizing Opie's relationship to Andy.

Of course, that's my theory...

Kyle in Nashville
"Relaxing before lunch"

Checked by AVG Free Edition.