>>>As a matter of fact, Andy was more laid back and less involved in the color
>>>seasons than in the black and white ones....Yes, he got mad a few times, but
>>>it's not nearly as much as some fans seem to think it is.<<<

I think Scott has a good point here, and I've been trying to figure out why the
"Andy angry scenes" *seem* to be more prominent in the color years.  I have a
theory about that.  I think it may be partly because Andy was actually more
subdued and less engaged than in the black-and-white years.  Therefore, when he
does get angry, it stands out.  In the black-and-white seasons, Andy expressed
more of a "joie de vivre"--he laughed, joked, and smiled more and was more
exuberant overall.  So when he did express anger, it was offset by the smiles
and laughter.  Andy's character projected more warmth in the black-and-white
years, whereas his temperament seemed to cool off in the color years.  This
shift makes his anger in the later years more pronounced to us.

It's just a theory.  What's your theory?

Thelma Lou
(Janet)