Putting a willow chip under the dog's head was from the episode "Divorce
Mountain Style".  Barney had gotten a book of mountain folklore from the
library to try to get Andy out of having to marry Charlene.  As he was reading
through the book, he came across the story about the willow chip before finding
the story that they used to help Andy.  In reference to another reader's
question, the blasting engineer in the episode "The Loaded Goat" was played by
Bing Russell, Kurt's father.  And to think.....I actually thought of these
things without a bucket on my head!!  Hmm....I wonder how much more I could
think of if I had worn a bucket on my head.