A few weeks ago, I was watching my favorite episode, "Barney and the Choir,"
and I thought of an "unseen scene" I'd love to see. Andy gets the idea for
having Glenn Cripe do the vocals for Barney's solo in a scene we don't see,
where "Barney was listening to a phonograph record."
I've played that scene out in my mind several times, imagining Andy
approaching the door to Barney's room in Mrs. Mendlebright's house, then
hearing a perfect Sinatra-like voice on the phonograph interrupted as Barney
joins in and sings along. Andy goes in and asks Barn what he was doing, and
Barn says something about training his voice (his glorious voice) by
listening to the phonograph. Andy's face sours, but then he has an idea and
the scene closes with that look on Andy's face signifying that he knows out
to solve the problem. Then we jump to the scene with Andy at John Masters'
house proposing his idea.
-a deceitful wretch etc.