Dear Mayberry Folks,

I think we should not talk about Howard McNear's disability due to his stroke;
picking it apart step by step.  Frankly, I don't think it is very nice.

We should remember what a dear man Howard and his character were.  He was a
trouper who gave his best until the very end.  He was a delight to work with,
and
gave us the Mayberry we know and love with his fine performance and
perseverance.

My mother has had strokes, now has Alzheimer's, and has the same physical
limitations that Howard had.  This discussion is starting to hurt, and I don't
think
it is fair to Mr. McNear's memory.

Silvia