I don't recall any documentation that Chesterfield or any other cigarette
maker ever sponsored or co-sponsored "The Andy Griffith Show."  The main
sponsor was always General Foods, which advertised Post Cereals, Sanka, Jell-O
 and Jell-O puddings, SOS pads (now owned by Clorox), Gaines Burgers and
Gaines  Dog Food, Log Cabin syrup, Cool Whip, Shake and Bake and other
products.  The only non-General Foods advertising I can document is in the
series
finale, when Bristol Myers co-sponsored the show and used it to advertise
Bufferin pain reliever.

A cigarette maker *did* co-sponsor "Mayberry R.F.D." as I've seen copies of
 the show with original commercials for Virginia Slims (very first episode)
and  Marlboro.  And there were other wholesome family shows of the period
that  had tobacco sponsors (Make Room For Daddy, The Flintstones, The Dick
Van Dyke  Show, The Beverly Hillbillies, Family Affair).  So it's not outside
the realm of possibility.  I just have never documented that it ever
happened on "The Andy Griffith Show."  I would love to know for  sure otherwise.

Dixon