Many, many years ago I took the Universal Studios tour in Hollywood (though I
think it might actually be in Glendale). Their haunted house sits on a small
hill that overlooked the street with the Cleaver house. It was 1959 when Beaver
thought the house was haunted, and it was 1960 when the house became the Norman
Bates' house in "Psycho". I remember the tour guide showing us how the very
small hill became much larger through the magic of film editing so the house
looked like it really loomed over the Bates Motel. It's sort of reassuring to
hear that the house is still there & still being used in today's productions!

HistoryBuff

Re: the Rimshaw place
Dixonhayes
Tue, 05 Oct 2010 09:56:46 -0700

In a message dated 10/5/2010 11:01:29 A.M. Central Daylight Time,