I have been reading the whole Don Knotts thread and how he is better known (to
some) as Ralph Furley and better known (at least to all of us on the digest) to
others as Barney Fife.  One of the classes in my school has had a "learn about
your state" unit lately, and of course, Don Knotts was a West Virginian!  So
this particular class did posters about our state and one of the students had
on his/her poster several famous ppl. from WV.  One of the famous people listed
was Don Knotts, which I was surprised and pleased to see on the poster.  But in
light of the recent discussion here on the digest, I was really surprised and
pleased to see what followed his name on the poster.  It said something like,
"Best known as Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show"!  That was so awesome to
see, especially with our recent topic here, and it made me happy to see that
someone in the world agrees that Mr. Knotts is best known as our dearly loved
deputy sheriff Barney Fife!! : )  (It was especially great to see it since the
class that did these posters are only 5-6 years old!)

Y'all have a Mayberry Day!

Lisa