As far as Mayberry Keepsakes go, if you are going to wish for one, why not get
one that people would know was authentic? There are so many reproductions
around today. My thought is I would have liked to have had the sign from the
Mayberry depot that was shown in the final episode of TAGS. You know the one
that said:
MAYBERRY
Pop. 5360 Elev. 671
That got me to thinking, can you imagine how many of those keepsakes were just
thrown in the landfill when 40 acres was razed? Every time I watch Antique
Roadshow on PBS, there is some guy with a painting telling the host, "They were
about to throw this in the trash when I saved it". Then the host will say
"That is worth $15,000".
Just think, probably Floyd's barber chair, and Andy's front porch, the bulliten
board, the gas heater, and everything inside the courthouse, all thrown in the
landfill.
And it's not like we all can walk down to the landfill like Barney, Aunt Bea,
and Andy did one time and retrieve the stuff.
Just thinking.
Orville Hendricks - The Butter and Egg Man from Mt. Pilot. I still have one
keepsake. I have my delivery truck that was on the show. It still runs fine
and I still use it to deliver eggs and butter. (Before you go Emailing me
trying to buy it, that truck only exists in my feeble mind). But wouldn't it
be great if I did have it?
_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/wbmutbb/