Hey, Mayberry friends. Sunday marks one year since the passing of one of
Mayberry's best friends, Emmett Forrest, the man mostly responsible for the
collection at The Andy Griffith Museum and for helping keep the Mayberry spirit
alive in Mount Airy, NC.
A few years ago I had the opportunity to sit beside him at the Sunday morning
service at Mayberry Days. We had a great conversation about Andy and himself
and how The Andy Griffith Show affected him and his community. We also had
friendly talks whenever I visited the museum. Such a nice man.
Thank you Emmett. We miss you.
   Larry in Lincolnton