The recent question concerning favorite Earle Hagen musical contributions was a
good one. Last night I
got a real chuckle during "Aunt Bee the Warden" when a drunken Otis Campbell
emerged from Andy's guest
bedroom holding onto the flower vase to the comical sounds of the Tuba/Bassoon
music-added a great touch!
Also, anotherĀ  brief moment during "The Jinx" when Barney quickly rubs Opie's
hair one last time
just for luck, there is a magical "twinkling" sound effect as he does this-
funny stuff!
The postings of Allan Melvin's many contributions to TAGS put me in mind of
another fine all-purpose
utility player who showed up regularly on episodes- Bob McQuain. He would drive
by in his old pickup
truck and taunt Barney for skipping rope or having lipstick smeared on his
face, or in one episode played
the outraged honeymooner whose privacy was violated by Barney. Last night he
served duty as one of the
notorious Gordon boys in lockup.Fine contributions!
Eric Swolgaard
Sacramento, CA
Otis: "It will be my pleasure, dear lady,to be incarcerated in your domicile!"