> According to my mother's recollection, census takers just came to your door 
> and took your word for whatever you told them. So we can't put too very much 
> stock in some of them before the 1950s I guess.


Also, way back when (I won't mention any age) a lot of families depended on the 
"Family Bible" (remember those?) to keep track of who was who, who got married, 
and who expired. So there you have a huge possibility of wrong information 
passing around as families would enter whatever date and name came to mind. I 
know, I've seen up close family bibles conflicting each other. Bless the ones 
that did try to right them.



Harriet, the chicken thief, hiding out in Kelsey's Woods, USA, poking under 
rocks and looking for what-nots

 ....Johnny Paul Jason says chewing tar is good for the teeth......That's an 
old wives tale....Johnny Paul ain't married.....                                
     
_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/wbmutbb/

Reply via email to