Hey Greg,  you should not be surprised that Otis hosted an ice cream eating
contest, because we all saw in "Return To Mayberry" that his big ambition was
to own his own ice cream truck.

Orville Hendricks - Mount Pilot Butter and Egg Man

I am sitting back, recuperating from surgery.which means watching a lot of
TV.  Today I enjoyed "The Winner' (Season 2, Episode 21 of the Brady Bunch).
The guest star our very own Hal Smith, who played the zany Kartoon King.who
hosted a ice cream eating contest that Bobby Brady entered in the hopes of
winning a trophy of his own.

Otis is doing very well for himself now-a-days!

-Greg (Mayberry of the north).