I was born and raised in South Carolina and I remember when stores were closed
on Sunday.  It was called the "Blue Law'.  I was told that it was called that
because it was written on blue paper.  When I was married in 1970 and lived in
Lexington, Kentucky they were still in effect.  It was hard trying to find
something to cook.  We found a little store that was open and he charged way
more than the other stores would charge.  But when you're hungry, you'll pay
the price.  We were married the day before we got to where we were going to
live and I didn't have time to buy groceries.  Stores in the town I lived in
before I moved to Lexington were open on Sunday and I assumed the stores in
Lexington would be open too.  Boy, was I wrong!!