----- Original Message -----
From: "John van Rompu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> How can I control the appearance of the windows, I do not want
> menu & control bars just the edges of the window on the
> window that appears, what do I need to do to the code.

The full code for window.open() is window.open(url, name[, features] [,
replace])

If you want to specify the features that the new window will have you must
add the third parameter, the 'features' list. This is a list of the features
like menu bars that you want your new window to have, the features appear in
a list separated by commas and the list is all inside quotes, like this:

  window.open( 'url', 'name', 'feature, feature, feature')

If you don't specify any features, then you get the default window with all
features, but if you specify any feature at all, then the window will have
only those features that are specified.

You can specify any or all of the following features.  The entry can be
feature=no or feature=yes, but the 'yes' is the default if a feature is
mentioned at all so you don't bother with that....

    directories - show directory buttons, like "What's New" in Netscape
    height=xx - new window is xx pixels high
    location - show the input box for entering new URLs
    menubar - show menu bar
    resizable - show window with resize handles
   (Note the spelling - resizeable does not work)
    scrollbars - show scroll bars if needed
    status - show status line
    toolbar - show browser toolbar (back, forward buttons etc)
    width=yy - new window is yy pixels wide

You may also be able to specify where the window appears on the screen.  In
Netscape 4, use screenX=xx and screenY=yy to position the new screen xx
pixels away from the left edge of the screen, and yy pixels down from the
top.  In Explorer it's left=xx and top=yy.

To display a window at default size but with no features at all you could
use
  window.open('meeting.htm', '_blank', 'menubar=no')

To display a window with no features and at a fixed size of 200 x 300 pixels
you might use
  window.open('meeting.htm', '_blank', 'height=200,width=300')

Bj