Hallo Cheryl,

 --->>> Cheryl D. Wise / Sonntag 23.02.2003, 22:58:52
        Photoshop & Graphics

> Depending on the complexity of the image it could be either format.
> The more complex an image is in terms of number of
> colors/graduations of color the more likely jpg will provide better
> results. But if you are using Photoshop why don't you simply try
> both and see which one gives you an image quality/size you are happy
> with. ...

In Photoshop there is a nice feature (don't know in English). It's on
the first Menu (I think it's called 'Files') and below'Save as...' you
find a Menu Item 'Save for Web...' or so.
Using this option you can play around until you find the right setting.

Hope this helps. Have a nice day :)

--
best regards
   Eddie