On April 03, 2003 at 23:55, Gerrie Warner wrote:

> monitors or (his - and don't ask me why!) 1024 monitor adjusted to 840
> - He says a compeditors site doesn't give him this problem.

As you have found out, the competion makes sites that are liquid and if not, they
are a static size to fit the most common size monitor/resolution of 800x600.

The reason he has his monitor set to 1024 is that gives him room on his desktop
for other things than a web page/browser; and 840px is more than enough for
good sites. The extra 40px is probably so he can move his cursor off to the side
when reading.

Regards,

        Mark Groen

MG Web Services