Well, I could filter it out at the level of the Exchange server, provided I
got around to installing Exchange. <grin />

Actually rebuilding my developmental server is something I'm in the process
of doing in my "spare" time. Just over a week ago my server decided to do a
spontaneous reboot twice. On the second reboot my C drive was "missing" went
into the BIOS and found that it was reporting no drive installed. Tried
reinstalling the drive, no go. Opened the case, pulled the drive, popped it
in the firewire case and walked it downstairs to my computer. Plugged in the
firewire box and my computer had no problems with the drive. Diagnosis, new
motherboard, instead we got a new box that I've been moving the drives to.
There is an unfortunate by product of the new security features. I couldn't
install a new OS, security settings in the boot sector wouldn't let me write
ntldr. Since I didn't want to wipe the drive until I recovered a few files
I've had use partition magic to resize the partition and create a new boot
sector for installing an OS. What joy. But I've recovered all the data,
cleaned up some back-ups that needed sorting out and am ready to reinstall a
server OS.  Then the computers here will be able to talk to each other
again.

Sometimes being a two person shop is a PIA. Sure would be nice to have a
real systems admin instead of wearing that hat as well. My partner maybe a
good backend developer but he knows squat about networks so guess who gets
to wear that hat along with the rest.

I'm debating about whether I should reinstall Windows Server 2003 or go with
SBS Server 2003 (need .NET and want to play with the SharePoint Team
Services apps which will only run on those two systems). I'm inclined to go
with SBS 2003 but it is still beta code. Granted it is RC and will probably
go gold fairly soon since they are shipping time bombed preview kits to
partners but still beta.

Installing or even reinstalling server OS isn't a problem now that I have
the drive situation straightened out, or at least I hope it is resolved.
Nothing like learning under pressure.

Cheryl D. Wise
Microsoft MVP
WiserWays, LLC