I'll second that PC has gone too far. I'm webmaster for my son's cub scout
pack.  I put no pictures of the kids up unless the parent(s) have signed a
release. One of the den leaders wants to put up pictures from one of the
campouts. She's an attorney and has drafted a short one paragraph release
that most of the parents have signed. We'll also keep a list of those who do
not want their kid's picture on the web in way shape or form.

So far I haven't put any pictures up and kid's badge awards, pinewood derby
stuff etc. is all first name with a last initial if there is more than one
in the den with the same name.

I'm considering when we do put pictures up to make it in a password
protected area. I'd give out one password to all the dens so it wouldn't be
terribly secure (donated web hosting so there are limits on what I can do
but I can use asp and access since the calendar runs off that combo) but
should discourage the aimless surfer.

Cheryl D. Wise
Microsoft MVP
WiserWays, LLC