Hi Darren,
you seem to understand what I'm trying to do but I find it hard to
believe that I'd have to get the file uploaded to the server & then in a
separate step - email it on to my client :o(
Definitely thought there would be a more direct way to doing this. But
I'm not saying you're wrong...Is that how all the recruitment sites out
there deal with their jobseekers adding their CV's to the job
applications?

thanks again...

jac.

you need to use a file input box to submit the file to the server and
then
attach it to your email.  this is pretty much the method that most of
the
web-based email services use.