jac wrote:
  OK I'm gonna scream!!! this thing is driving me mad for the last 3
hours.

Stephen responded:
  It looks to me like you're missing a step.  This is all theory,
because I've never had reason to send an attachment in an automated
email, but...  I'm pretty sure all that the script will have access to
is what is on the server (or depending on your configuration, the local
network).  I believe you'll need to upload the document via a separate
script, then point your cdosys routine at the local copy of this
attachment, after which you could use fso to delete the file or just
archive it, whichever you desire.

Tim adds:
You might consider looking at ASPUpload (www.aspupload.com) - it's an
ASP component by Peter Persits that allows uploading files to either
memory or hard drive.  I've had good success uploading data and files to
memory and then storing them in a database without writing anything to
the drive...you could probably adapt that method to upload the
attachment from the user to memory and attach it directly to the CDO
email.  It has a fully-functioning trial period that lets you set it up
and test it before buying.  Only problem is that you'll have to install
it on the production server (some hosts already provide it).

Tim
Tim Furry
Web Developer
Foulston Siefkin LLP