Am 27.08.2010 01:37, schrieb Armin Ronacher:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a status update on that now I missed?  Did something decide on
> bytes for the environment values or are we still unsure about that?
>
>  From a discussion lately I had with Graham on #pocoo it seems like he
> lost interest on supporting WSGI on Python 3 for the time being due to
> lack of interest.
>
> My personal pet project of actively redesigning WSGI to see if a
> higher-level protocol would solve the unicode issue better failed and
> was not worth the effort.
>
> As I understand Python 3.0/1/2 will be broken for WSGI anyways so we can
> stop caring about the stdlib.

Let me just throw in here that it's *NOT* too late to do something about
Python 3.2.  It is not even in beta state yet, and I am very willing to
introduce the changes to make web programming work again, or even hold
up 3.2 for a bit if you need more time.

However, someone who actually *does* web programming has to do that, in
other words, one of you.  All I see is complaints that it will not work
and one has to forget the stdlib.  That is somewhat sad.

Georg