At 02:26 PM 10/23/2010 +0300, Armin Ronacher wrote:
Hi,

On 10/22/10 2:35 AM, Graham Dumpleton wrote:
has said:

   """Hopefully not. WSGI could do better and there is a proposal for
that (444)."""
Just to give this some more context: I think WSGI (even in Python 2) is faulty and we have the possibility now to fix it. Nobody in the web community is really eager to use Python 3 currently as far as I can see, so we have some extra time where we can actually introduce some value in to web development on Python 3. An improved WSGI specification could be a key to that.

If PEP 3333 is what we end up with, that is fine with me as well.

I don't think it's an either-or case. PEP 3333 just means that there's a clear path to port WSGI 1 apps. If somebody wants to champion a WSGI 1.1, a 2.0, and whatever else, that's great!

I'm really trying to step *down* from involvement in this; the only reason I stepped up to do this now is because of the pending 3.2 release and the open question(s) over stdlib APIs that have to stabilize in this release.