On 2011-01-06 14:14:32 -0800, Alice Bevan–McGregor said:
There was something, somewhere I was reading related to WSGI about requiring content-length... but no matter.

Right, I remember now: the HTTP 1.0 specification. (Honestly not trying to sound sarcastic!) See:

http://www.w3.org/Protocols/HTTP/1.0/draft-ietf-http-spec.html#Entity-Body

However, after testing every browser on my system (from Links and ELinks, through Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Konqueror, and Dillo) across the following test code, I find that they all handle a missing content-length in the same way: reading the socket until it closes.

        http://pastie.textmate.org/1435415

        - Alice.