because i am not speaking about making a specification, but a way to expose
in the API (environ) custom extensions that a server want to experiment.
there are actually no easy way except checking "wsgi." indeed but that
doesn't make it as clear as a separate namespace where to put all server
extensions could be. Like capability field is in imap world.

Also I am not trying to force anything, I want to discuss about a possible
update of the wsgi spec which I thought was this thread about. What I just
want to discuss is the *current* usage of some extensions that have been
rapidly dismissed as unworkable. Like I said I will come with a more formal
specification about them but I wanted to discuss first about and collect
counter arguments which are good too.

- benoît