Your experience with MS Access will not be good I think. It doesn't even
pretend to support SQL standards as far as I remember, and you'll have a
very difficult time getting support.

The advice to consider the free edition of SQL server is something you
should look at. You get nice management tools, and the restrictions of the
free version aren't likely to bother you. The performance, robustness,
management tools and support is a completely different level than Access.
Access is not a server, multi-user access is handled at the OS file level
and it's not good.