stifan,

I am still have trouble after following your example. All I want to do is
db.dalily_counts.add_date ~ and db.history.add_date ~ . Any chance you can
look at my code below and help ?

I appreciate it.

def dailycounts():
    grid=SQLFORM.smartgrid(db.daily_counts, orderby=None,
  user_signature=False,create=False,editable=False,deletable=False,
paginate=10,

fields=[db.daily_counts.add_date,db.daily_counts.encrypt_count,db.daily_counts.decrypt_count,db.daily_counts.error_count,db.daily_counts.directory_create_count,db.daily_counts.client_add_count,
db.history.client_id_dc, db.history.add_date,
db.history.encryption_type,db.history.out_filename])
    return locals()