I am trying to setup (vanila) web2py on shared hosting with nginx and
passenger with support for python. I put all the files from web2py folder
in the folder expected by passenger, I created a file passenger_wsgi.py
required by passenger, which I simlinked to wsgihandler.py (taken from the
handlers dir to the dir where web2py.py resides). The result: nothing works
- I get consistently 504 Gateway Timeout for every attempted connection.

On the other hand, when I simply created a passenger_wsgi.py file that
contained:

def application(environ, start_response):
  start_response('200 OK', [('Content-Type', 'text/plain')])
  return [b"hello world!\n"]

then everything works fine - i.e., I get the "hello world".

I believe, it takes about one minute for the request to time-out... Does
the web2py startup take so long?  When can/should I do to make it work?

Krzysztof.

  start_response('200 OK', [('Content-Type', 'text/plain')])
  return [b"hello world!\n"]

def application(environ, start_response):
  start_response('200 OK', [('Content-Type', 'text/plain')])
  return [b"hello world!\n"]

def application(environ, start_response):
  start_response('200 OK', [('Content-Type', 'text/plain')])
  return [b"hello world!\n"]

def application(environ, start_response):
  start_response('200 OK', [('Content-Type', 'text/plain')]) def