hi all,
I'm working on an app that uses forms that can be quite long and it's users
often interrupt their sessions for whatever reason and end up losing the
information already filled. For this and other reasons I wanted to provide
a different behaviour to these forms where each input field updates the
record on the database as soon as its input field is released ('focusOut'
event on jQuery). Ideally, the server would reply with 'success' or an
error message so users know they can go on to another field (without
refreshing the whole page). By the end of the form, the user wouldn't have
to review things that were written long ago since these were all already
validated.

Now, I know this can be tricky due to database constrains but because i
need to do this very often (multiple fields and multiple forms), I thought
it would be useful to automate it, maybe even by having on the db Field
something like '..auto_update=True' (merely a suggestion) but before
getting there, I would like to know if anyone has faced this problem and if
yes what solution did you employ?

Thank you in advance,
Francisco