Derek,
that bit where you mention hooking "run-time" validation to be saved, is pretty
much what I’m doing in my post. You need to consider that you might not have a
complete record to insert, but one field at the time, hence why I create the
‘updateTableService()’. From what I understand, the only difference between
what you suggest and what I did, is that on my code, the validation is fully
done on the server side. The advantages are that I can apply validators such as
‘isUnique’ (among others that require the DB access) as well enforce input
validation (from a security standpoint, there is no such thing as client-side
input validation). The downside is obviously performance whenever things don’t
even need to reach the server-side and parsley is able to do them immediately
within the browser.

I guess I could add parsley to get the best of both worlds...

Thank you,
Francisco