On Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:05:13 AM UTC-4, Gael Princivalle wrote:

> Hi Anthony.
>
> I think that web2py grids are really powerful and useful. If web2py grids
> are not fully compatible with BS3 for me it's a problem. As websites must
> be generally designed now first for mobile devices, I think that web2py
> front end as to be done with BS3, and has to be responsive.

In what way is the grid not compatible with BS3? Right now it even includes
BS3 classes.

Note, even the current BS2 scaffolding app is responsive. Yes, the grid
itself is not "responsive", but it won't be with BS3 either. There are
various ways to design responsive tables, but people have different
preferences for how they want to do that, and the best solution may depend
on the specifics of the data being displayed. I suppose we could develop a
"responsive" grid option, though that is unrelated to whether we're using
BS2 or BS3 (and you would want the grid layout to work independent of the
CSS framework anyway). The best approach will probably be to modularize the
grid code (which has been discussed), separating the backend querying from
the actual data display, which would make it easier for users to develop
custom displays in the views.

Keep in mind that most server side frameworks like web2py don't include
grid functionality at all. web2py can only do so much regarding grid
functionality. At some point, if you need more sophisticated grid behavior,
it may make sense to use a more full-featured solution, such as
https://datatables.net/extensions/responsive/.

Anthony