When I click on "Lost Password" in the user menu I just get a page with a
blank body. The url to which I'm forwarded seems right
(http://ianwscott.webfactional.com/paideia/default/user/request_reset_password?_next=/paideia/default/index)

but there's no form on the page. It's as if the page controller is
returning an empty dict. But I'm not getting any error message either.

I've looked through the page source and it's not that the form is
hidden. It's just not being included in the page response. Other
default/user forms are produced just fine: login, change_password, etc. So
I can't figure out why request_reset_password returns nothing.

Since there's no error ticket it's very difficult for me to debug. Any
suggestions?

Here is my setup for mail and the relevant auth settings (from
controllers/db.py):

mail = Mail()
mail.settings.server = keydata['email_sender']  # 'logging' # SMTP server
mail.settings.sender = keydata['email_address']  # email
mail.settings.login = keydata['email_pass']  # credentials or None
current.mail = mail

auth.settings.mailer = mail                    # for user email verification
auth.settings.registration_requires_verification = False
auth.settings.registration_requires_approval = False
auth.messages.verify_email = 'Click on the link http://' \
    + request.env.http_host + URL('default', 'user', args=['verify_email'])
\
    + '/%(key)s to verify your email'
auth.settings.reset_password_requires_verification = True
auth.messages.reset_password = 'Click on the link http://' \
    + request.env.http_host + URL('default', 'user', args=['reset_password'
])\
    + '/%(key)s to reset your password'