Finally figured out the issue. I just didn't have a condition for
"request_reset_password" in the view for default/user. Added that condition
and it works like a charm.

Ian

On Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 3:02:34 PM UTC-5, Ian W. Scott wrote:

> Thanks Cynthia. But I do have the right format in the keydata file. I'm
> also not sure that a problem in my email verification would produce my
> issue. It doesn't get as far as trying to send an email in my case, since
> no form is created.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ian
>
> On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 6:04:28 PM UTC-5, Cynthia Butler wrote:
>>
>> It looks like your
>> mail.settings.login = keydata['email_pass']
>> may be just a password.
>> I'm guessing, it depends on what the value of 'email_pass' is.
>>
>> It needs to be the full user@domain:password, like this:
>> name@maildomain:password
>>
>> On Monday, January 26, 2015 at 1:04:05 PM UTC-7, Ian W. Scott wrote:
>>>
>>> When I click on "Lost Password" in the user menu I just get a page with
>>> a blank body. The url to which I'm forwarded seems right (
>>> http://ianwscott.webfactional.com/paideia/default/user/request_reset_password?_next=/paideia/default/index)
>>>
>>> but there's no form on the page. It's as if the page controller is
>>> returning an empty dict. But I'm not getting any error message either.
>>>
>>> I've looked through the page source and it's not that the form is
>>> hidden. It's just not being included in the page response. Other
>>> default/user forms are produced just fine: login, change_password, etc. So
>>> I can't figure out why request_reset_password returns nothing.
>>>
>>> Since there's no error ticket it's very difficult for me to debug. Any
>>> suggestions?
>>>
>>> Here is my setup for mail and the relevant auth settings (from
>>> controllers/db.py):
>>>
>>> mail = Mail()
>>> mail.settings.server = keydata['email_sender']  # 'logging' # SMTP
>>> server
>>> mail.settings.sender = keydata['email_address']  # email
>>> mail.settings.login = keydata['email_pass']  # credentials or None
>>> current.mail = mail
>>>

>>> auth.settings.mailer = mail                    # for user email
>>> verification
>>> auth.settings.registration_requires_verification = False
>>> auth.settings.registration_requires_approval = False