On Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 6:43:29 AM UTC-7, Jim S wrote:

> I think it is a great idea to get a default theme working out of the box.
>  I've written 3 (I think) web2py applications using different themes from
> wrapbootstrap.com in the past.  The key (in my opinion) is to find one
> that doesn't have a lot of javascript magic going on behind the scenes.
>  And, to find one that is free and properly licensed.  The ones I've used
> in the past I've paid for just for the one application where I used it.
>
> The free ones mentioned above look great.  I didn't look to see if there
> was much javascript magic going on in the background, but did really like
> the looks of them.  Also, I like themes that make use of datatables.  I've
> had good luck using datatables in the past with web2py apps.
>
> If the community could decide on one they'd like to see used, I will try
> to devote some time to get it web2py-ready...

<URL:https://playbook.cio.gov/designstandards/getting-started/
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fplaybook.cio.gov%2Fdesignstandards%2Fgetting-started%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHnU4yv3t6TU4C6i1TYow43zv4-PA>

as introduced and  explained at
<URL:https://18f.gsa.gov/2015/09/28/web-design-standards/>

The code for that is on github at
<URL:https://github.com/18F/web-design-standards>
although it is set up for Ruby, and they do promote some CSS compilers
(Bourbon?)

/dps