IMHO you're really confused. or got names wrong. or got things wrong.

wsgi IS THE ONLY WAY to run python code for webservers. It's the only
standardized spec to do so.

Nooow, if you're instead talinkg about mod_wsgi on apache, it's another
matter entirely. Securing apache needs to be done by experts....if you're
not, you can amuse yourself reading docs and chatting to peoples, but if
you're really concerned the best option is to leave it to professionals.

BTW, we "sponsor" nginx+uwsgi over apache for some time now.