I commonly create a user (usually my email) and an Admin group and then add
myself to the Admin group.  I have logic in the Starter app based on the
Admin group.  I usually have other groups such as Operations and Customer
Service (I tend to build enterprise 'line of business' apps).  Since I
frequently clean out the database during initial development, I just
created an initialization function that automatically adds an initial set
of test users, groups, and memberships so I don't have to do it manually,
The Initialization function also calls a function that automatically
populates tables with test data (using the Populate function) that is
helpful for quick demos during prototyping and user demos.  You can modify
the routines to meet your needs - it's just something I always end up
creating so I put it in my scaffold app.