If you cache db().select() results cache.ram should be allrigths as every
user/session can be operate in isolation without issue... This wouldn't be
the case for things that need to be up to date for all the users at the
same time, global variables for instance even if they are the result of bad
dessing in the first place they are sometimes required... Though you may
not realize great performance improvement with cache.ram if user (the same
user) don't call your select often... So depend of what the results of the
select contains you may be better setup redis cache for greater performance
improvement and better memory usage (as single select instance requires
less memory than session cache.ram for each user).

If you consider redis cache you have to set a proper time expiration so you
improve performance and keep accessed in a relative meaningful up to date
state considering the criticality of these data...

Richard