On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 11:24:52 AM UTC-4, Pierre wrote:

> Anthony, you wrote this some time ago :
>
> >Are you using nginx/uwsgi? If so, I believe cache.ram would not be shared
> across the different uwsgi worker processes. You might consider switching
> to the >Redis cache.
> >Anthony
>
> I know nothing about the Redis cache. Wikipedia says this is NOSQL and
> web2py is  SQL so  is this 'cache-business' science fiction ?

No, it's real science. ;-)

First, web2py is not only SQL. The DAL, on the other hand, primarily
supports SQL data stores, though it also supports the Google App Engine
data store as well as MongoDB. In any case, nothing stops you from using
any NOSQL data store with web2py (though in some cases, you may not be able
to use the DAL with it).

Second, the above has nothing to do with caching -- we can implement any
caching mechanism desired. web2py has supported memcache for a very long
time, and Redis support has been available for a while as well.

Anthony