On Tuesday, July 19, 2016 at 7:53:49 AM UTC-7, joeg816 wrote:

> Are there any marquee sites that are using it?  When Rails was hot, they
> had a few big names.  Same with PHP, etc.

I am not sure about "marquee", but Niphlod and Massimo seem to have several
important accounts.

A couple months back there was a "proud papa" post about an important
website for use by volunteers helping with an assistance network (Spain or
Portugal, IIRC).

> I like what I have seen of web2py but I am scared off since a lot of the
> info I find online is several years old.  I am sure it works fine but to
> stay employed in this field, you usually need to use the hot languages and
> frameworks...

That can turn into endless tail-chasing, can't it?  By the time you find
out what's hot and then learn the techniques, "they" will have moved on to
something else.

/dps