I agree 100%.  The "powered by" part of the site has a bunch of sites of
questionable quality and many of them are dead.   If this was better
maintained and showcased some of the best examples, it would go a long way
in giving people like me more confidence in using it for larger projects.
 You can show web2py as an enterprise solution.  It needs a marquee name or
two to take it to the next level.  Marketing. :)

As far as Google and Youtube, I think Google DOES use Python for their
sites but which web framework is used?